“Cultural and nature Heritage is European Strength and Treasure”, CHEST, is a strategic partnership project conducted with the organizations from Poland, Turkey, Lithuania and Portugal during the period of 2019-2021.
Objectives and Goals
- To create opportunities and provide social activities for adults and seniors to fulfil their educational needs/requests and to raise a sense of responsibility for a mutual cultural and environmental European values.
- Due to the fact that each organization in our partnership has similar statutory goals and performs similar tasks, we intended to develop a strategic relationship, which allows each of these organizations to improve their existing programs, activities and tasks. The strategic partnership will enrich the educational activities of partner organizations. Besides the gained additional experience and new information resources, the educational materials for new programs will expand and improve the quality of activities.
- 75 adults or seniors will be selected among the group of educators, candidates of educator and volunteers from all partner organizations to contribute to the project.
- The idea of “cultural and natural heritage for common European values, cultural impressions for the common future of Europe” will be promoted. Treating cultural and natural heritage as an integration tool and a carrier of knowledge, the project participants will have an experience about this specific richness of Europe. This will contribute to the European integration on the one hand, and on the other as a social value will affect the cultural sensitivity of the European community.
- Generally, each of the cultural and natural heritages is owned by only one country or nation. But each of the cultural and natural heritages is common to all humanity, and all the People are the heirs of the world heritage. That is why, the common elements of this heritage connecting the nations of both project partners and all countries will be studied in order to develop the international routes of this heritage.
- We are going to build a chest to collect a wide and diverse knowledge about our common cultural and natural heritage in the project CHEST, and to encourage everyone to learn about this European wealth and complement this chest in the project CHEST.
- The explanation about the visited sites, the routes to be developed, the information about all kinds of culture and nature with images will be presented in the CHEST website. This common website is the “information base” on the cultural and natural heritage of EU countries and Turkey.
- We will also create an opportunity to disseminate the information obtained throughout the project, and to open the public the knowledge created. The project participants will support the creation of the database content with their existing information or with experience which they will gain during the mobilities to partner countries.
- Each partner organisation can upload the information of heritage. This site will also be designed as publicly available, and those who enter this site will be able to post their own impressions, comments and photos about places, objects, customs, traditions, rites, etc. uploaded by the partners.
- Kick-off Meeting, 10-12 October 2019, Bialystok, Poland