Use of Web Design for Courses
ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course
Aim of the Course
This course is designed for the teachers who would like to improve their knowledge on the use of web design in class and to teach a web design tool to the interested students as optional subject at formal schools or the interested people willing to learn for their professional development at nonformal schools.
1. Web File Management: Files and folders, downloading web pages
2. HTML: Tags, templates, formatting content, character entities, images (acquiring, editing), graphics file formats, links, embedding media
3. Codes: Editting, validating
4. CSS: Basics, colors, styles, sheets, formatting, page layout
5. Navigation Bars: Adding, customizing
6. Publishing Website: FTP, web servers
7. Design: Section, background, adding navigation bar
9. Front End Frameworks: Bootstrap, example code, replacing page content, customizing the design
10. Content Management Systems: Setting up WordPress, creating posts and pages, working with media, themes and widgets
During the Course
- learn by doing and by working in groups
- have the opportunity to test different tools (Adobe) directly and to share examples about how to use them in class
- acquire the techniques to make their lessons more more effective.
After the Course
- learn how to exploit the tools in the classroom in a useful way
- will be aware of the way to enhance their student engagement and to improve communication within the classroom.
Out of Class Activity
- Guided city tours (learning the city visited and taking photos for use of own web design)
Course Content and Programme
- will be agreed according to the needs and requests of the participants.
- Teachers (primary, middle, secondary and high schools, vocational, adult, special needs)
- Teacher trainers
- All searching for professional development
Place: Ankara, Turkey